Wednesday, May 5, 2010

After completing the loving-kindness exercise, I felt relaxed and at ease. Initially I had a hard time remembering the phrases, so I recorded them on my cell phone and used that during my exercise. I also felt that this exercise can help me focus on those individuals who are harder to deal with, which can hopefully impact interactions in a positive way.

At present, the area of my life that is causing great difficulty that I would like to focus on is worldly flourishing specifically work. I have not had a great deal of work-life balance and because of my frustrations, have not made work as positive as I could. I would like to foster development in this area by calming my mind and trying to influence my actions instead of allowing automatic actions to occur. This can be a difficult task, however I feel that I have to make an effort to improve my situation.

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth:

    I hear you, it can be hard at work because of politics, pressure to deliver with multiple looming deadlines, and conflicting personalities and/or work styles.

    Have you started to incorporate the challenging co-workers into your loving-kindness practice? If so, has doing so altered or improved your perspective of the situation? Has it helped your relationship with them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have incorporated my challenging co-workers into the loving-kindness practice and I feel that this has brought me back to tolerance, yet it sometimes allows for those individuals to take advantage of me or the situation. This makes me wonder about the ability to influence others because they are ultimately in charge of their own behavior.

    ReplyDelete