Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Unit 10

I initially gave myself a 3 for physical, 2 for spiritual, and 2 for psychological wellness. Currently as I have learned about the level of development for these areas and working towards not being so hard on myself, I believe that my wellness is slightly better and improving. Today, I would give myself a 4 for physical, 5-6 for spiritual and 4-5 for psychological wellness. However, this is not where I want to be, and desire to continue to grow and develop each aspect of my life. The goals that I set for each area have had improvement. For example, I have been meditating due to the assignments, but find myself using exercises to reflect on a tough day with greater frequency and focus. I have also stopped to examine the negative issues that have come up and believe that by acknowledging these, in turn I have dealt better with them. My final goal was to try to focus more during exercise to get the most out of the activity instead of just going through the motions and I have started to do this, I just have to let everything go from the day and be in the moment taking full advantage of what is occurring.

As far as this class, I think this is the best class I could have taken for personal and professional growth. I have grown with the knowledge presented and continually look for opportunities to use these aspects in my life. This is the rewarding aspect because as a nurse, I need to walk the walk and talk the talk for myself and my patients. I know this can be difficult for non-believers, which can be disheartening, but as integral health practices become more common in our environment, I hope that more people will become believers.

2 comments:

  1. For me I feel it will be hard to incorporate these practices on my own. Unless it is an assignment I am afraid I will brush it off and forget about these wonderful practices. I just have to make time for these practices (easier said then done, right???). We all know how good we feel when we make these practices a habit, but usually they get lost in the shuffle. I wish you the best on this wonderful journey and I hope you stay true to yourself and your practices. ~Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth,

    Congratulations on improving dramatically on all aspects of your integral health! I agree that this course has been great for personal and professional growth. I have learned so much through these last 10 weeks and I am sad to see this course ending. However it has given us the tools to continue on our qwest for integral health! I am glad to hear that you have further to go before you are where you want to be. It is important to have continued goals and to always be striving for something, lest we get stuck in the perverbial rut. It has been a pleasure to have you and everyone else in class! I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete